Online now: 1 member: Chopper1
; 6 anonymous
Discussion: BREAK in PERIODS & \"BEST\' BATS!!
|Aug. 27, 2007|
|BREAK in PERIODS & "BEST' BATS!!|
TATE 50: Sorry, that I missed ur earlier post on bats. But, here goes: 1) Wrap 120, a so-so bat, that takes 200-300 swings to break in. there many better 7 cheaper bats out there. Look around or make a few calls.
2) NRG- 600 Series Max Load, a great bat; takes 200- 300 swings to break in. My 30 oz, has over 1000 swings on it.
2a.) 585 7 Freak Plus-- great bats; takes a few 100 swings to break in; will get over 1000 swings.
3) 484, one of the better ASA bats, 2-3 yrs ago. Takes a few 100 swings to break in. I have over 1500 swings on my 30 oz.
4) ANTI-VIRUS--- best ASA bat, preiod. Takes a few 100 swings to break in. Once broken in, hits real close to a SENIOR COMBAT. I just broke my 30 oz End Load, I had over 1500 swings. I started hit' this bat back in Nov.
5) Worth M 7/ 5. As good as the 600 Series. Miken, makes this bat. This is a replacement bat & the other M 7/5, got 1500 to 2000 swings before that bat broke.
6) Worth 510, made by Miken. This is a U-2, w/ a diff' paint job, knob, & end cap. 20- 40 swings to break in & will last less than 150 swings.
7) Muzino-- has several Senior bats for 2008. I have a red & a blue test bat. Both bats have over 3000 swings. Could be a great bat 4 nex yr. As good as the SENIOR COMBAT. I will buy one of these over A U-2 or a 510.
8) Red Combat & the Gray-Silver COMBAT. Best End Loaded Senior Bat out there. One should get 500 to 1500 swings. Better than a U-2 or 510.
I prefer End Loads over balance. 30 oz bats over 27 oz bats.
Hope that this might help?? The STONEMAN
|Aug. 28, 2007|
|How about the ASA Rip It Reaper as it compares to the Anti-Virus for ASA?|
|Aug. 28, 2007|
|A team member has the AV and we talked about that today. It seems to break in very fast maybe 50 hits or so. We all liked the bat very much and enjoyed the pop and swing until we switched to the new bat which has more pop and a better swing at least for us. The Reaper started to hit better at 80 or so hits. Hard to tell since some of the guys are hitting well right out of the wrapper while other notice a break in. As you can tell we are not very smart in this bat thing. We do like the Reaper more than any of the other bats but I know this does not answer your question. We can tell you it takes at least three beers to break us in. :)|
to reply or add to a discussion or post your own message and start a new discussion. If you don't have a message board account, please register for a free nickname
. It will only take a moment.