Online now: 0 members ; 23 anonymous
Discussion: ONE & ONE COUNT • Survey Final Results
|Jan. 7, 2013|
|ONE & ONE COUNT • Survey Final Results|
The ONE & ONE COUNT Survey voting period has now closed, as of 5:00 PM EST on 01/07/13. Here are the FINAL RESULTS as voted by the 5,143 respondents expressing an opinion.
• TOTAL VOTING TO RETAIN existing "0-0" starting count: 2,825 (54.9%)
• TOTAL VOTING TO IMPLEMENT a new "1-1" starting count: 2,318 (45.1%)
• MEN VOTING TO RETAIN existing "0-0" starting count: 2,528 (53.8%)
• MEN VOTING TO IMPLEMENT a new "1-1" starting count: 2,174 (46.2%)
• WOMEN VOTING TO RETAIN existing "0-0" starting count: 297 (67.3%)
• WOMEN VOTING TO IMPLEMENT a new "1-1" starting count: 144 (32.7%)
• Retention of the existing "0-0" starting count was favored by 10 of the 14 gender/age groups. The minority in favor of the "1-1" included only the Men's and Women's 40-Masters and the Men's 50+ and 55+ divisions. All other age groups, in both genders, favored retention of the "0-0" starting count.
• Retention of the existing "0-0" starting count was favored by 10 of the 13 geographic regions surveyed, as categorized by the SSUSA Clubs & Leagues Regional areas (plus one other category comprised of foreign and snowbird players.) The minority in favor of the "1-1" included only the Central, Great Lakes and North regions. All other regions favored retention of the "0-0" starting count.
For a complete breakdown of the voting, by age, by gender and by geographic region, please click on the following link:
ONE & ONE SURVEY DATA
Thank you to all who participated. The SSUSA Rules Committee will be evaluating the data later this week during a conference call Rules Committee meeting.
|Jan. 14, 2013|
|The SSUSA Rules Committee met in telephone conference call session this morning, January 14, 2013, to discuss the data from the recently concluded "1-1 Count" poll. The results this time were virtually identical to the same poll from six years ago, in which the players favored the "0-0" count by a margin of 55% to 45%, with the only geographic area in favor of the "1-1" being the Great Lakes and Upper Midwest regions. |
Although there is support for the "1-1" count, the level of that support remains essentially unchanged. After a thorough discussion, the meeting was adjourned without any rules change motions being made. Accordingly, the starting pitch count for the 2013 Season remains "0-0".
to reply or add to a discussion or post your own message and start a new discussion. If you don't have a message board account, please register for a free nickname
. It will only take a moment.
Phone: (916) 326-5303
Fax: (916) 326-5304
2701 K Street, Suite 101A
Sacramento, CA 95816
Send us e-mail
is dedicated to informing and uniting the Senior Softball Players of America and the World. Senior Softball-USA
sanctions tournaments and championships, registers players, writes the rulebook, publishes Senior Softball-USA News, hosts International Softball Tours and promotes Senior Softball throughout the world. More than 1.5 million men and women over 40 play Senior Softball in the United States today.