Additional league contact: Arne Pedersen, 843-236-9648, firstname.lastname@example.org
Myrtle Beach Senior Softball is a recreational “Pick Up” league. The objective of our morning league is to provide participants with the opportunity to play softball in an environment that facilitates enjoyment, fellowship, sportsmanship, friendship, mutual respect and a competitive balance while recognizing the need to impose practical rules of safety.
Our League was organized almost 24 years ago and is a diverse mix of almost 100 players ranging in age from 50 to an active, and participating, World War II Purple Heart Recipient of 90.
Our current schedule is 52 weeks a year and is as follows:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at South Strand Recreation Center (off of Holmestown Road) in Surfside Beach, SC.
- Thursdays at Pepper Geddings (29th Avenue and Oak Street) in Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Games start at 10:00 AM in Winter Months and 9:00AM in Summer Months
- Players are to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to game start to facilitate team make ups.
- Games last approximately 2 hours.
- Membership is restricted to men that are 50 years of age or older.
- Eligibility to join the league commences on or after the 50th birthday, not in the year of the birthday.
- Residence is not a requirement for joining the league.
There is no minimum game or time-span commitment requirement. (league members may participate in the league schedule in as few or in as many games as they choose.)
- The playing season will commence on January 1st and conclude on December 31st.
- Annual dues, unless otherwise stated, will be $20.00 per individual regardless of how many games the individual intends to play or actually plays.
- Dues will be collected for the upcoming year prior to the conclusion of the current year’s play.
- Dues will be collected each November and must be paid by December 1st.
- Members paying after December 1st will be accessed a $5.00 late penalty bringing their total dues owed to $25.00.
- Members who fail to pay by December 31st will be ineligible for play in the new season until they have paid.
- Participation in “League” sanctioned events is limited to paid-up members.
- New members (individuals joining the league for the first time) will pay dues of $20.00 regardless of when in the calendar year they join the league.
- “Gold Hat Players” are exempt from paying dues.
- Dues are not refundable.
- Dues collected are used to refurbish equipment (bats, balls, bases, pitching screen, etc.) supplement the cost of league activities such as the annual Softball Dinner and when needed gifts of “Get Well or Condolence”.