|June 29, 2013|
|CALIFORNIA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2013 • DRAFT Game Schedules & Brackets|
DRAFT Game Schedules and Brackets for SESSION #1 of the 2013 California State Championships in Placer County, CA, have been posted and are available from the links below and on the event's Tournament Page ... As always, these TENTATIVE schedules are subject to change and become final ONLY when released as "OFFICIAL" at the Manager's meeting before play commences ...
NOTE: Managers who do NOT attend the meeting will be presumed to be fully informed on ALL matters (such as schedule changes, tourney formats and rules issues) discussed at the meeting. Tournament rosters are “frozen” as of the Manager’s Meeting. NO on-site player additions are allowed without Tournament Director approval before team’s first game. Managers who do not attend Manager Meeting, and do not send a representative, will be prohibited from beginning tournament play before check-in with Field Director and are prohibited from Roster additions ...
The Master Games & Fields Grid and the Participating Teams List have also been posted ... Good luck to all!
DRAFT Game Schedules & Brackets (PDF's)• Men's: 40-Masters | 50's | 55's & 60's
• Complete: All Ages & Divisions
Tournament Administration (PDF's)• Master Planning Grid: Master Games & Fields
• Participating teams List: Cal-Cup 2013
|July 1, 2013|
|DRAFT Game Schedules and Brackets for SESSION #2 of the 2013 California State Championships in Placer County, CA, have been posted and are available from the links below and on the event's Tournament Page ... |
The caveats mentioned above for SESSION #1 apply here as well ...
DRAFT Game Schedules & Brackets (PDF's)• Men's: 65's & 70's | 75's
|July 3, 2013|
|HIGH TEMPERATURES & PERSONAL HYDRATION •|
SSUSA provides water and drinking cups in each dugout during our tournaments, including this year’s Cal-Cup. In almost all instances, support for getting the water and cups deployed and, more important, maintaining the water during the day, falls on the Park Staff at each venue. These park professionals have other responsibilities in the context of field preparation and general facility related tasks.
Accordingly, we strongly advise that players come prepared to handle their own hydration needs and not to rely solely on the tournament or park staff to be able to immediately respond to water issues in the dugouts. The staff will handle water requirements as efficiently as possible, but no guarantees can be made that the timing will meet with everybody’s expectations.
Thank you for taking the necessary steps to protect your health during the anticipated high temperatures forecast for the week.
|July 3, 2013|
|MEN'S 40-MASTERS REVISION #2 • After carefully considering input from several Men's 40-Masters teams, we have revised the 40-Masters Division to provide for two separate brackets, for Major+ (3 teams) and Major (6 teams) ... Previously, all 40-Masters teams were in a single 9-team bracket, initially with a split of 2 Major+ and 7 Major ... A subsequent roster based change was made that resulted in a former Major team being re-rated to Major+, yielding a 3/6 split in ratings composition ... We believe that to be a competitive balance problem as it relates to the Major rated teams in a global bracket ... The changes are being implemented as follows:|
• The two Saturday morning pool play seeding games for each team will remain unchanged ... The Major+ will play two games each against the six Major Teams ... The Major teams will also play one game within the Major division group ... At the conclusion of those games, the TWO respective brackets will be seeded for play commencing Saturday afternoon ...
• The brackets have been structured so that all teams will play on Sunday ... Under the former 9-team bracket structure, one team, and possibly two, would have been eliminated Saturday night ... This guarantees that every team that has commited to play with SSUSA enjoys the two-day experience rather than playing five games on Saturday and being eliminated after a very long day ...
• Potentially, and likely, one team in the 40-Masters Major+ Division could only get a four games in the tournament, depending on who ends up playing in, and winning, Elimination Bracket Game #3 on Sunday morning ... Should that occur, the Tournament Director will award the 4-game team with a $100 Credit Voucher to be used by them in any future SSUSA TOC Qualifier tournament, including the World Masters Championships in Las Vegas, to compensate for the original 5-game guarantee not being met ...
• EFFECT ON MEN'S 50/55 PLATINUM DIVISION ... The bracket revisions for the 40-Masters will cause a nominal ripple effect on the Saturday (only) schedule for the 50/55-Platinum Division ... Elimination Bracket Games #8 through #11 will play 1:30 EARLIER than as originally posted and Championship Bracket games #14 and #15 will play 1:30 LATER than as originally posted ... All Friday and Sunday play remains unaffected ...
ALL affected schedules have been posted online, and the Bracket Boards at the Foskett Regional Park will reflect the changes and will become the Official Tournament Schedule ... Previously downloaded DRAFT Game and Bracket sets should be discarded, as the operative date of the revisions is now 07/03/2013 ...
We apologize for any inconveniences, but firmly believe this revision is important for both competitive balance and for ensuring that no team has to face elimination in a fifth game for them on Saturday night ... Good luck everybody!
to reply or add to a discussion or post your own message and start a new discussion. If you don't have a message board account,
. It will only take a moment.