Online now: 3 members: Mr Ed
; 53 anonymous
Discussion: MIDWEST CHAMPIONSHIPS - Weather Delay Update
|June 13, 2009|
|MIDWEST CHAMPIONSHIPS - Weather Delay Update|
RAIN DELAY UPDATE - Heavy rains overnight and through the morning have delayed the Midwest Championships Saturday schedule. Current Tournament status follows:
ITASCA FIELDS - Park is closed to play and NOT likely to be playable at all Saturday.
• Men's 55-AA and 60-AAA will play either Double Elimination Bracket OR Modified Single Elimination Bracket ("If" game played only if loser of Championship Game suffers first loss of entire tournament) commencing at 7:30 AM Sunday. Schedule will be posted later today.
• Men's 55-AAA and 60-AA Best 2 of 3 Championship Series will be played on Sunday at Scahumburg Olympic Park unless Itasca Fields become playable later today or this evening. Field Director will advise teams.
SCHAUMBURG OLYMPIC PARK - Park is closed to play currently. Facilities Supervisor and Tournament Staff will be meeting at 1:00 PM Central Time to evaluate potential commencement of play for Saturday. Weather and field preparation efforts permitting, play will commence by 3:30 or 4:00 PM Saturday with as many games as possible to be played through 9:00 or 9:30 PM start times. Sunday schedule will commence at 7:30 AM.
• Remaining Seeding games in Men's 50-Major+, 55-Platinum and 60-Platinum Divisions have been cancelled.
• Three-Game-Guarantee Brackets will most likely be replaced by conventional Double Elimination Brackets for Men's 50-Major and 50-AAA Divisions.
• Men's 55-Major+ and 55-Major Best 2 of 3 Championship Series will most likely be played on Sunday in their entirety.
NEXT UPDATE - Please check back here at 1:30 PM Central time for an update following the Facilities Supervisor meeting
|June 13, 2009|
|SATURDAY GAMES POSTPONED - The Saturday schedule has been postponed in its entirety. Inclement weather lasted longer into the day than forecasted and all playing fields at both facilities are currently unplayable. The tournament will resume (and conclude) on Sunday under the following general guidelines:|
• Games will commence at 7:30 AM at both facilities.
• Schedule revisions will be posted this evening, hopefully by 6:00 PM Central Time ... They will be available from the links on the event Tournament Page.
• Games will be scheduled on a 1:15 time frame betweeen start times ... To meet this time structure, we will play a 3-2 count (batters will come to bat with a 1-1 count).
• Based on the number of games required, some games prior to championship or "If" games may be five (5) innings with the fifth inning the "open" inning.
• Three-Game-Guarantee brackets will not be used ... Double elimination brackets may also be rare. If the schedule requires a single elimination format, there will be provisional "If games" to protect a previously unbeaten team that may suffer it's first loss of the entire tournament in the Championship game. Should that happen, there will be an "If" game immediately thereafter to give that previously unbeaten team a chance at redemption.
Any further updates will be posted here, with appropriate schedule revisions posted through the links on the event Tournament Page.
Thank you for your patience.
|June 13, 2009|
|SUNDAY GAMES SCHEDULES are posted and avcailable from the links on the event Tournament Page. Scheduling notes:|
• Standard game rules except for 3-2 count on all batters ... Start with 1-1 Count.
• Modified Single Elimination Format for all but Best 2 of 3 Championship Series ... "If" games played ONLY if Championship game loser suffers first loss of entre tournament.
• Multiple "If" games in the schedule, so please be present and ready to play at the earlier time in any case where an "If" game is scheduled prior to your next (or first) bracket game.
OLYMPIC PARK -
• 7:30 AM Starts: 50-Major and 55-Major+
• 9:00 AM Starts: 50-Major+ and 50-AAA
• 10:15 AM Start: 60-Major+
• 11:45 AM Starts: 60-Major and 60-AA
ITASCA FIELDS -
• 8:00 AM Starst: 55-AA ad 60-AAA
|June 14, 2009|
|Again I would like to apologize to Joe and Ray for my big temper tantrum Sat. night at the Itasca fields. It was not their fault for the problem that arose. They did a great job getting the field in shape for us and the Panthers to play. Thanks to the Panthers for being patient and understanding for the situation that our team was put in. They are a class team. Also my apologize to the Panther ladies for the language issue I had. |
Alot of times all we do on this board is bitch and moan. There are times to give people credit when it is due also.
#8 Al--Chicago Prime 55s
to reply or add to a discussion or post your own message and start a new discussion. If you don't have a message board account, please register for a free nickname
. It will only take a moment.